Als ich wisse das Morgen der Erde enden wuerde, immernoch wurd ich mein Apfelbaum pflanzen.

Even if I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree. - Martin Luther

"Factory work's easier on the back, and I don't mind it, understand, but a man becomes what he does. Got to watch that. That's why I keep at farmin' although the crops haven't ever throve. It's the doin' that's important." Madison Wheeler in Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon

Monday, December 28, 2015

Some Men Stop at the Bar...

Other men put a chain on their bar and stop in the woods.

If my husband is gone longer than expected when taking the trash and recycling, I don't wonder if he's having an affair.

If he spends long hours gone from home on the weekends, I don't worry that he leaves because he's tired of us.

If he's down in the woods after work, I don't worry that he's secretly hitting the bottle.

He's a hoarder alright.... a Firewood Hoarder.  Now he has the shirt to prove it.

Amen to men like these two that keep us warm and cozy all winter long.  They are a gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment