Als ich wisse das Morgen der Erde enden wuerde, immernoch wurd ich mein Apfelbaum pflanzen.

Even if I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree. - Martin Luther

"Factory work's easier on the back, and I don't mind it, understand, but a man becomes what he does. Got to watch that. That's why I keep at farmin' although the crops haven't ever throve. It's the doin' that's important." Madison Wheeler in Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon

Monday, November 26, 2012

Getting in the Spirit... Focusing on the Reason

I just can't help myself.  I've set my Pandora to Christmas music.  It's calming and uplifting at the same time.  I have a new favorite that I wanted to share.


There are 27 days until Christmas Eve.  I'm right on track with where I'd like to be.  I have a few Christmas cards to write.  I'm done shopping.  I'm wrapping presents for about 20 min. each evening so there's no big rush, and I have all of the materials for the gifts I'm making.

This week/weekend I plan to focus on finishing up the projects I intend to use as gifts.  That might include making that batch of pumpkin butter and the batch of apple pie jelly.  We'll see how the weekend goes.  We'll also start celbrating in earnest.  The advent calendars will come out, and the first candle on the advent wreath will be lit. 

I feel so relaxed this year.  It's not just being ready early.  It's also having a clear plan and being organized.  I'm also decluttering as I go - thank you Fly Lady, so my house is getting cleaner and more peaceful each day.  I don't know about you, but a house without a lot of stuff, and with that stuff in the right place makes me relaxed.

Yesterday the kids and I did cookie baking number two.  We made Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread cookies - a recipe from Jane at Thy Hand.  I follow her recipe, but I double it.  These are my favorite cookies.  We also made Rice Crispy Treats.  I think you all know about this one, but just in case you don't, here's a link.  I love being in the kitchen with my kids, but it does drive me just a little bit crazy when they keep munching on the ingredients.  I swear they wash their hands every time they stick their little paws in their mouths.  But, no matter how many times I remind them that we are baking for other people they just can't resist.  Anyone have any ideas?


Eating the sugar is half the fun. 

Licking the butter is the other half.

No comments:

Post a Comment