Als ich wisse das Morgen der Erde enden wuerde, immernoch wurd ich mein Apfelbaum pflanzen.

Even if I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree. - Martin Luther

"Factory work's easier on the back, and I don't mind it, understand, but a man becomes what he does. Got to watch that. That's why I keep at farmin' although the crops haven't ever throve. It's the doin' that's important." Madison Wheeler in Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon

Friday, April 29, 2016

Heaven on a Plate

It's Asparagus Season!  Nothing makes me want to dance in the garden like discovering asparagus.  This is my absolutely favorite way to eat the bounty.  I have it at least two or three times a week.  It's one of those good for all three meals dishes, and it's fast, healthy and full of protein.


Here's the gist -

Make two pieces of toast (good whole grain bread is the best).  Put it on the plate and spread on goat cheese.

Take a big handful of fresh asparagus and saute it in a hot skillet just until it's tender.  Put the asparagus on top of the cheese.

Add a little butter to the skillet and make two over easy eggs.  Put the eggs on the asparagus.

Sometimes I add bacon or ham with the asparagus if I have it.  If it's possible to improve perfection then that does it.

Divinity is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment