Als ich wisse das Morgen der Erde enden wuerde, immernoch wurd ich mein Apfelbaum pflanzen.

Even if I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree. - Martin Luther

"Factory work's easier on the back, and I don't mind it, understand, but a man becomes what he does. Got to watch that. That's why I keep at farmin' although the crops haven't ever throve. It's the doin' that's important." Madison Wheeler in Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Frenzied February

We've been a bit busy around here lately...
 
Our oldest participated in her first District Choir performance...
 
Had a birthday party with family (and a Monkey Cake made by Auntie H)...

Was in her first musical....
 Had a birthday party with friends (monkey cupcakes were a hit)...
 And went to her first overnight Synod retreat (loved it!)

While she was gone this weekend I slipped up to the farm with my boy and his buddy for some tree tappin' and sugar water sippin'.  If it ever thaws out up there we'll start boiling.





Spring's coming, but for now we'll enjoy holding on to the last of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment