Als ich wisse das Morgen der Erde enden wuerde, immernoch wurd ich mein Apfelbaum pflanzen.

Even if I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree. - Martin Luther

"Factory work's easier on the back, and I don't mind it, understand, but a man becomes what he does. Got to watch that. That's why I keep at farmin' although the crops haven't ever throve. It's the doin' that's important." Madison Wheeler in Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon

Monday, January 27, 2014

Snowy Days

“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.”
Edith Sitwell
 





“Every Autumn now my thoughts return to snow. Snow is something I identify myself with. Like my father, I am a snow person.”  
Charlie English




“Summer is the time for squabbles. In winter, we must protect one another, keep each other warm, share our strengths.”
George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones






"You can't get too much winter in the winter."
Robert Frost






"There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you.... In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself. "
~Ruth Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment