Als ich wisse das Morgen der Erde enden wuerde, immernoch wurd ich mein Apfelbaum pflanzen.

Even if I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree. - Martin Luther

"Factory work's easier on the back, and I don't mind it, understand, but a man becomes what he does. Got to watch that. That's why I keep at farmin' although the crops haven't ever throve. It's the doin' that's important." Madison Wheeler in Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Holiday Happenings: Part I

Thanks to the past two snowstorms, two cancelled church services and two snow days I'm totally ready for Christmas.  This might be the only year on record that I don't pull any late nights!  Hooray!  Here's what we've been doing the past few weeks.  I'm really enjoying reconnecting with my crew.

Lighting the Lights




 Nutcracker with GeeGee


 Finally Old Enough to Put up Betty Will's 1930s Doll House



 Rosky and Sugar Cookies with Matka and family


Sister Selfie



 Snow!  A Miracle as far as we're concerned....








The Tree!

 Teacher Cookie Gifts - no help from Mom!

 Santa Lucia


 More Holiday Baking

No comments:

Post a Comment