Als ich wisse das Morgen der Erde enden wuerde, immernoch wurd ich mein Apfelbaum pflanzen.

Even if I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree. - Martin Luther

"Factory work's easier on the back, and I don't mind it, understand, but a man becomes what he does. Got to watch that. That's why I keep at farmin' although the crops haven't ever throve. It's the doin' that's important." Madison Wheeler in Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon

Thursday, January 3, 2013

BFFUWD (Best Friends Forever Until We Die)

I don't know about you all, but it's the little things that make me most thankful for my family.

My kids are FAR from perfect, but one thing I can say about them is that they are best friends.  Really, they truly are.  It never ceases to amaze me, and I hope it lasts.

I'm not exactly sure what we did to foster their love for each other and their general ability to tolerate the other's small annoyances.

Maybe it's just because we live in the middle of nowhere and they have to get along, or they'll have no one to play with.

I know that some parents were glad to see their kids go back to school this week - I was not in that crowd.  I might threaten to send them away to grandma's house sometimes, but I'd want them back after a few hours.  I can't imagine getting tired of my kids.




On the tundra at Rocky Mountain National Park

Bear Lake, RMNP

On the way to Nymph Lake, RMNP

No comments:

Post a Comment