Als ich wisse das Morgen der Erde enden wuerde, immernoch wurd ich mein Apfelbaum pflanzen.

Even if I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree. - Martin Luther

"Factory work's easier on the back, and I don't mind it, understand, but a man becomes what he does. Got to watch that. That's why I keep at farmin' although the crops haven't ever throve. It's the doin' that's important." Madison Wheeler in Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Anyone Out There?

Blogging is a strange mix of writing for yourself (part of the reason I'm writing is to hear my own voice) and writing hoping that someone out there is listening.  I'm writing so that I can remember these every day moments, but I'm also writing because I'm inspired by those that I read.  I love sharing (and learning) from the bloggers I follow.  But now I'm wondering...  Is anybody out there? 

It's a bit like returning to middle school.  You want to hang with the cool kids - of course at this point in my life the people I think are the coolest are the ones busy raising their children and their own food.

 I hope my offerings are interesting and inspiring to others.  Blogging is a way for me to add my voice to the world community.  I teach and have elementary age children, so many of my days are spent without any significant adult conversation.  Thanks to all of you who are willing to show us your lives, and willing to share your thoughts.  So glad to be hanging at the lunch table with you all.

2 comments: