Als ich wisse das Morgen der Erde enden wuerde, immernoch wurd ich mein Apfelbaum pflanzen.

Even if I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree. - Martin Luther

"Factory work's easier on the back, and I don't mind it, understand, but a man becomes what he does. Got to watch that. That's why I keep at farmin' although the crops haven't ever throve. It's the doin' that's important." Madison Wheeler in Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon

Thursday, March 2, 2017

March Madness

February passed in a blur....  and March will speed by even faster.

Ski and Sugaring Weekend 

We found winter for a few brief days and reveled in cold and snow.  I feel so cheated.  Where was our winter?  I'm not ready for spring - I'm still looking for that three day snow day forecast.  I miss living in the North.






She's 14 now so her default mood is anger.  Uncle Jim knows how to fight those bad mood blues.

We also snuck in a (not so surprising) birthday party for my sister.

I got to hang out in the sugar camp with my Dad and Uncle Bruce and chat for almost an entire day.
It was food for the soul.

 Growing Up


Just yesterday she was in ski school, now she's old enough to work there.  It's lots of fun to see your kid do well at her first real job and it's delightful to be out there with her.  

Pizza Fondue for the birthday party

S'mores dip instead of a cake.  Happy Birthday Girl...

On the birthday kid's day we do take out -- the other kid benefits too.
These were worn after repeatedly getting hot sauce in his eye.

 Sweetness

It was the shortest Sugaring Season ever - 16 days, but the syrup was still divine.

His enthusiasm for band is palpable... and they sounded pretty good too.



No comments:

Post a Comment