Als ich wisse das Morgen der Erde enden wuerde, immernoch wurd ich mein Apfelbaum pflanzen.

Even if I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree. - Martin Luther

"Factory work's easier on the back, and I don't mind it, understand, but a man becomes what he does. Got to watch that. That's why I keep at farmin' although the crops haven't ever throve. It's the doin' that's important." Madison Wheeler in Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Kid Cat

A throwback post - I know it's not Thursday, but I found this in my draft folder.  I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't always follow through.....


Several years ago I had to rip out a huge patch of catnip.  The kids got super motivated for a few days with big dreams of making money.  They stripped, dried and bagged it.  Then, before they could market their work and sell it, they lost interest and moved on to other summer projects.

We still have A LOT of dried catnip.  Luckily, it's potency for felines seems to last forever.  It's been used for our own cats, and it's even been turned into a few catnip mice for Christmas presents for their two cat loving Aunts.  Mostly though, the box of catnip in the pantry just reminds me of that their self-directed projects often involve intense initial focus, but then a failure to follow the project through to the end. Either way, I love these babies and enjoy watching their stamina and focus develop as they grown. 

P.S. Don't they look teeny?




No comments:

Post a Comment