Als ich wisse das Morgen der Erde enden wuerde, immernoch wurd ich mein Apfelbaum pflanzen.

Even if I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree. - Martin Luther

"Factory work's easier on the back, and I don't mind it, understand, but a man becomes what he does. Got to watch that. That's why I keep at farmin' although the crops haven't ever throve. It's the doin' that's important." Madison Wheeler in Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Can you believe he eats this stuff?

So... the Kimchi is almost gone.  Any guesses as to why?  Hope he saves some for me.  I'll have to eat sauerkraut instead. 
Kimchi is one of those freebie foods at our house.  He doesn't need to ask permission to have it as a snack.  So, this has been his go to after school and mid morning snack lately.  He's even been using it to round out his breakfast.  Love that boy!  What a foodie... a kid after my own heart. 
The kids get paid more with each birthday, but they also get an added responsibility.  This year he'll be helping me more in the kitchen.  His response - cool!  Can I help now?




No comments:

Post a Comment